Hair affected by dandruff requires special, intensified care, and in most cases, greater amount of appropriately selected cosmetics as well. Only right care guarantees winning this uneven battle against dandruff.
Follow the pieces of advice listed below and force dandruff to surrender.
1. Buy two shampoos and use both. One of them should have typically anti-dandruff action whereas the second one should be characterized by delicate manner of working (its aim is to take care of hair and scalp). Sometimes, if dandruff is not so severe, you can limit the use of the first shampoo to one application per week only. Dandruff does not like frequent hair washing therefore try to do it as often as you only can. Most preferably, everyday.
2. Below-ear technique. Do not resign from using hair conditioners or hair masks. Your strands require intensified care and nourishment after being exposed to anti-dandruff shampoo. However, bear in mind that hair masks and conditioners should be applied to hair not scalp. Put them on middle-length downwards. Ears set the most optimal border.
3. Benign oils. If chosen appropriately, natural oils perfectly deal with problem of dandruff. They will facilitate eliminating the white flakes from scalp. The most valuable ones are Hindu oils such as amla or bringraj, as well as unbeatable and cheap castor oil. An hour-long treatment conducted before shampooing is enough.
4. Rub herbs. While fighting against dandruff it is worth making a good use of herbal infusions, such as nettle, sage or field horsetail. Boiled herbs have to be applied and rubbed (in small quantities) into scalp. If you find it difficult to apply the infusions, because of too runny consistence, it is suggested reaching for slightly denser aloe gel.
5. Put your thinking cap on while buying a cap. Scalp does not like to be overheated. Hence, a winter cap should be made of natural fabrics that let scalp ‘breath’ freely. In fact, not only cap but any other source of heat is badly welcomed by strands and scalp. Therefore, it is suggested avoiding washing hair with hot water or use the hottest air stream during blowdrying.